Friday, April 25, 2014
Friday's Fave Five #282
Good Morning, everyone! Hope everyone is having a really great week. Here it is a week when all the kids are off school so it's been super busy for me. All my dayhome kidlets who normally attend kindergarten or pre-K some mornings or afternoons have been here all day and it's been busy, busy, busy. It is one of those weeks where I have to intentionally take a moment and pause and look for blessings amidst the chaos. But that pause is so worth it. Join me in finding moments to be thankful for. If you are new here, you can go here for the guidelines.
1. Easter Celebrations at church. It was a wonderful service and message on continuiing on in the series Jesus is... Of course Easter Sunday's was Jesus is Risen. We took a guest and she just loved the music. Easter Sunday morning I usually miss at church because we have a house full of people but this year I was able to attend the service and it was wonderful. What a blessing to be able to gather with others and celebrate the resurrection of Jesus.
2. Big City Day Trip. Saturday on the spur of the moment, we made the 2 hour trip into the bigger city and spent a fun afternoon of shopping and then went for dinner to Spaghetti Factory. We were able to meet T, who is attending school an hour away in the opposite direction and just have a few hours of fun together, though she couldn't come for dinner because of having to get back to work. Sometimes it's nice just to get away to a different place.
3. New spring pillows for the couch. I was able to find some lighter colored pillows for a somewhat decent price, they are all so darn expensive!, but these were within my budget. The pillows I had I love but are so dark colored and I was craving some spring uplifting in my living room. Found ones I love, and a pair even have birds on them and seeing birds are one of my favorite things, it was a sale! They brighten and freshen up the living room. I wish my camera was working so that I could put up a pic!
4. Finally, spring bedding! The weather has finally stayed above freezing so I went with it and got that lighter weight bedding onto the bed! Doing that is acknowledging that finally spring really might be here to stay. Yipee!
5. Coffee ready and waiting. My hubby is such a blessing. Always having fresh coffee awaiting me when I get up in the morning. I'm afraid I have got quite spoiled with this blessing.
What are your favorite blessings for the week?
Posted at 7:10 AM