Friday, May 08, 2015

Friday's Fave Five #328



Hi everyone.  Welcome back to another Friday where we take a pause and look for the blessings in our lives and be thankful for them.  I get that some weeks are harder than others and it's hard to look for good things or you just aren't motivated to.  I had one of those weeks this week too.  Between yet another issue with my leg and other stressors this week, it has been a bit of a toughy.  But that's why doing this on an intentional regular basis is such a good thing.  It causes me to refocus and gain some perspective.  Thanks for joining in with me.  

1.  Date at the movies.  On a spur of the moment decision last Saturday, Hubby and I took off to the movies to see Woman In Gold.  We both loved it!  I really liked Ryan Reynolds performance in this and Helen Mirren was also really good.  But Tatiana Maslany, who played the younger Maria Altmann really made the movie for me.  Did I mention she was Canadian?  As is Ryan Reynolds? The show is based on a true story and I loved how they went back and forth between the present and the past as unfolding events brought up memories of the Nazi's occupation of Austria to Maria.  Good thing I too kleenex!  A great date with hubby.

2.  Hubby making the Costco run.  Yesterday by the end of the work day, my leg and foot were sore and my ankle swollen.  So my gracious hubby did he Costco run and picked up some supper there too so I wouldn't have to cook.  So thankful that he just jumped in at the last minute and having a busy day himself.  

3.  Premade meals at Costco.  Homemade is always best but when ya gotta bring in a meal you gotta bring one in.  And Costco has some good choices.  Love the chicken pie and hubby also bought a delicious Greek salad.  Call dinner done!

4.  New paint in the bedroom.  My hard working hubby has been tackling the upstairs now and freshening everything up with a new coat of paint and new baseboards.  He finished the our bedroom this week.  It has gone from a darker color to a lighter, fresher look.  I love it.  What is it about putting a nice new color up that totally lifts the spirits and makes you love your space again?   

5.  A purring cat cuddling as I type.  My sweet old kitty, she's 18 years old! And she is sitting next to me purring away while I do this post.  I love a purring cat.  The sound is pure comfort to me.  Love my old girl.

Well we are supposed to wake up to a rain/snow mix in the morning.  Sigh.  But the moisture is much needed and I'll take it because the weekend is supposed to get beautiful!  I want to wish all the Moms out there a very happy Mother's day.  

So what good things can you find from your week?




10 comments:

Willow said...

Costco meals are popular--I had a friend once whose kids stated that if Costco didn't make it, neither did their mom :)
Cuddling with a kitty (old or young) is so comforting. Miss my Angel.
I'm glad you are getting rain/snow. We actually had some precipitation tonight too--a miracle!

Gattina said...

A sore foot is terrible ! I am still in France, and will return tomorrow. Here the husband always cooks delicious meals, cooking is his hobby ! Lucky girl, my friend !

Monica said...

Mister and i are going to take a date night this weekend. He wants to see the new Avenger movie...
I have never been to Costco but I think it is similar to Sam's Club (Wal-mart). I love that store but would never send my husband unattended... :)
Hope your foot (ankle) get to feeling better soon.
Fresh paint, don't know what it is but it sure does make you feel like you're in a different place all together!

Barbara H. said...

Snow in May! Yikes!

I'm sorry it has been a rough week...hope the weekend is better. Sorry about your swollen and sore leg and foot - hope it's not anything serious and will feel better soon.

I don't think we have a Costco near us, but we did just have a premade, frozen, just heat and eat dinner after an outing last weekend. Sometimes that just fits the needs of the day.

I know what you mean about fresh paint - amazing how it brightens and freshens a room.

The last minute date sounds fun!

nikkipolani said...

I'd heard good things about Woman in Gold, too. I want to take my mom when she gets back.

Hurray for pre-made meals that taste good! So nice of your husband to help out. And he paints, too! Wonderful.

I didn't realize your cat was 18. That is a ripe old age. Hope your weekend is as beautiful as you'd hoped.

Faith said...

we dont have a costco but i love getting meals from The Fresh Market when I have a busy evening. you are one blessed woman to have a hubby who paints! mine refuses to do upgrades so courtney claire and i have been te ones to update all the rooms. the only one i have left is the kitchen. im waiting until fall to do it. i was wondering how that movie is...maybe dave and i can squeeze one in with our free tx we got as a xmas gift!!

Faith said...

oops....HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!

Jerralea said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

Always nice to have the hubby help out, and if he brings home takeout, so much the better!

I love freshly painted walls!

ellen b said...

I'm all for those great Costco choices especially on busy weekends when we'll be working outside. Yea for hubby doing the costco run. A very happy Mother's Day weekend to you Susanne!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love Costco too! It really helps when things get busy! Sounds like a good week. Prayers coming from Arizona for success in your new venture! Happy Mother's Day to you and have a great week!